Tomorrow, on December 16th, 2010, Nick and Nate would have turned 15 years old.
We had many hopes for the boys during their 15th year. They both would have started driving. They'd start thinking about colleges. Nick would have bought the car that he was saving for. Nate would have tried out for the Southwest basketball and track teams.
And yet, now we turn our thoughts to their memories and honoring the bright, wonderful kids they are.
Here are some ways you can help honor Nick & Nate on their 15th birthday:
- Wear Blue for the Bucklins B-Day on Thursday, December 16th, 2010. Special thanks to the Kinneys for organizing this!
- Donate to Toys for Tots, in honor of the boys. Donation deadline is coming soon -- end of business Friday, December 17th!
- Share a special memory of Nick and Nate on the Bucklin Memories site, or just take some time to enjoy others' stories. What do you remember about the twins? The entire Bucklin family and circle of friends continue to cherish every story, photo and video you post.
- Give to the Bucklin Family Fund. We're hard at work creating a foundation that helps families come together using the power of technology. Watch for incredible tools to help families, coming soon, in early 2011!
- Say a little prayer for Nick and Nate's friends, who continue to do a tremendous job honoring the boys' memories.
And, once again, our deepest and most heartfelt thanks for all of the thoughts, prayers, gifts and generosity you've given us to date. This is such a difficult time, eased by your acts of love.